Upcoming Parent Workshops:
- March 7 at 9:00 & 10:40 (Valley Oak) and at 1:00 (Library) Fractions – Tracey, the math specialist from the Tulare County Office of Education, will be here to share ideas on how to teach fractions. She will work with the Tuesday “Seven 8 Nine” class. From 1:00-2:00 she will be conducting a parent-focused workshop. She will be available after the workshop for a Q & A and to assist with specific issues.
- March 9 at 9:00 & 10:40 (Valley Oak) Fractions – Join the Seven 8 Nine class to see Tracey’s fraction lessons in practice. This will be an opportunity for the parents with students in the Thursday class to see the ideas put into practice as previously demonstrated.
- March 30 at 10:30 (Library) Journal Writing with Prompts – Learn how to use prompts to get your child writing. You will also learn ways to extend this type of writing to help your child improve and enjoy writing more.
- March 7 – The Cultural Studies class will be visiting the Egyptian Coptic Church and the Jewish Synagogue in Visalia, beginning at 9:30. This is related to our class, but other members of the ERCLC community who would like to join us are welcome. The Egyptian Coptic Church is located at 1320 S. Church St. in Visalia. If you have questions, contact Matt, Peggy or Jeff.
- March 11-12 New Brighton State Beach Family Camp Out – Come adventure and camp at the top of Monterey Bay. The beach has gentle waves, a visitor center and hot showers. Let’s play in the sand and waves as well as take walks the redwoods. Please sign up with Nancy. This trip is currently full, however we will start a wait list.
- March 13-16 – Car Wash – fundraiser for Grand Canyon/Mesa Verde high school trip.
- March 13-17 – Meeting Week – No classes
- March 13 Sign up for Zion National Park Family Camp Out. We will camp in Zion April 8-12 during spring break.
- March 14 – Pirate Day, 10:00 am – 2:00 pm – Ahoy matey! ERCLC’s pirate class is hosting a day of fun and games with special guests “Under the Black Flag”. The pirate crew will be sailing into port to entertain and answer your Pirate questions, so come ready to learn about pirates and meet some too! See you there!
- March 14 – ERCLC Board Meeting – 4:30 pm
- March 15 – Poetry and Prose – 9:00 am Students that have registered to participate in this year’s oral interpretation event should meet at the Tulare County Office of Education, 6200 S. Mooney Boulevard. Please arrive at 8:50 to begin at 9:00. For on campus practice we will meet as a group in Baby Redbud on Tues., 3/7 @ 4:00.
- March 15 & 16 – Young Authors’ Faire books are due, please turn in your books to Rose Ann so that your students can participate in this event.
- March 17 Exploding Kittens Card Tournament 3:00-5:00 in library – Not as bad as it sounds!!! A fun, easy-to-learn card game – newbies welcome. Two short, fun videos to teach game will be shown. 4th grade and up. Parents welcome to play. Younger siblings will need to be supervised separately by parents. We are requesting a donation of White Elephant gifts (ideally cat or kitten themed) as prizes.
- March 24 Formal Ball 6th-12th grade students – The leadership class of Eleanor Roosevelt would like to cordially invite all 6-12th graders to the Spring Formal! The dance will be held Friday, March 24th from 5-8 pm on campus. Dinner will be served at 5 pm, followed by an extensive dessert selection. Semi-formal to formal attire is requested. Please RSVP to email@example.com by March 6th for free entrance. Without an RSVP, $10 will be charged at the door. All guests (non-enrolled students) must sign a social contract.
- March 30 – Last Day K-6 Enrichment Classes
- April 1 – Yearbook Deadline; no joke!! Please submit pictures of homeschooling, field trips and events your family and students are engaged in to firstname.lastname@example.org. Order your yearbooks from Nancy for $16. Families of graduating seniors and 8th graders are invited to submit baby pictures or tributes of praise and congratulations to celebrate this rite of passage for our community members.
Save the Dates:
March 30 and April 6— Drama Showcases!
- Thursday, March 30 at 6:00 pm, the 6th-8th grade drama class will present Around the World in 8 Mini Plays.
- Thursday, April 6, at 6:00 pm, the K-6 grade thespians will present Folktales for Fun. A fundraising dinner will begin at 5:00 pm. Proceeds will help get our high school students to the Grand Canyon. Both shows will be presented on campus.
Saturday, April 22 – M.A.D. Shindig! – 10:00 AM~ 2:00 PM Open to everyone! Invite friends and family to our Make A Difference Shindig, featuring food and carnival-like attractions. The Step Up students have selected the Valley Oak SPCA as the focus of our project to help share generosity, kindness and compassion through animal care. Please come out to support our cause.
Wednesday, May 10, at 6:30 – Much Ado About Nothing—The High School Drama group will present Shakespeare’s classic comedy at the Rotary Theater on Wednesday, May 10, at 6:30. The Music class will also be showcased. Everyone is invited to come and enjoy!
Share With Us:
We are trying something new, and we want your help. Do you have a passion, hobby, or skill that you could share with others at ERCLC? We are looking for parents and/or students to lead short-term workshops at the end of April for a variety of ages. Dates available are April 18, 20, 21, 25, 27, or 28. If you are interested, please contact Daniel for details. A complete list of workshops will be in the April newsletter. What could you share?